Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Navy Seal Extreme Off-Road Challenge Results

This past weekend was the Navy Seal Extreme Off-Road Challenge in Cosby, Tennessee and it was a ton of fun. Me and three of my friends left Friday evening to camp out at the one of the three campsites that are available on site. It was raining hard and storms threatened but we decided to camp anyway. We put out our tents and got camp set up and went and hung out with Dan ( the man that puts on the race) at the main pavilion. Dan is an awesome guy. Down to earth, funny and super nice. After a while we went back to our camp and went to bed to rest for the day to come. The next morning we woke to cars arriving at the event. The race started at 10 a.m so at 9 we walked down the hill to get out registration stuff. I was really excited and nervous for the race to start. By the time I was standing at the start line I was ready to go. The way the course was laid out they had you run up this hill and circle around the main pavilion to the bottom of Cardiac hill. Cardiac hill is nearly straight vertical and the only way to get up it is to crawl. After you reach the top of the hill you have a little flat section before the start of long hill. Long hill is just what the names says it's a long hill that climbs in elevation from 1,470ft to 1,921ft. This hill is a quad and calf killer. At the top of long hill there is a beautiful view of all the other surrounding mountains but that only lasts for a bit. The trail quickly takes you down a steep decline down to a basin where the obstacle course is, which is a lot of fun. The course continues up and down hills till you get to the water pit. The water pit is 4ft deep and about 30 yards (90ft) long and feels amazing. Once you get past the water pit there is only a few more hills till you get to the finish line. My friend Matt came in 3rd overall place with a time of 54min:45secs. I will be honest and say I was not fully prepared for this event but look forward to doing it again in the fall. I finished 43 out of 56 with a time of 1hour:29min:42sec. I am really happy with how I finished the race. I would highly suggest this race event to anyone. It was a ton of fun, the race is a real challenge to anyone of any level of fitness(even the super fit people) and after the race you feel awesome because you can say that you finished the Navy Seal Extreme Off-Road Challenge!
Here is a few pics of the race.

This is me on the left with the black sleeveless shirt at the start of the race

Here is Dan the man behind the race

Here is everyone at the start of the race. My friend Matt is in the blue sleeveless shirt and my friend Scott wearing the blue t-shirt behind the man in the orange shirt

This is not me jumping into the water but this is the water pit

All four of use guys together after the race
left to right its Scott, Matt, Me, and Tim


Anyway I hope you enjoyed the post and there will be more great stuff to come. Thanks for stopping by.



1 comment:

  1. Truly an epic event! But you left out the delicious Buffalo Wild Wings afterwards, while we were reppin it in our sweet new race shirts. :-)

    ReplyDelete